This is a full time social media manager position in Miami, Florida [so candidate must reside in Miami-Dade] that mostly involves the daily creation and publishing of engaging, short-form (< 1 min), vertical video content on Instagram (Reels), TikTok and YouTube (Shorts). Experience with this sort of viral content on these social platforms is required. Please go through the job responsibilities and qualifications below (as well as the examples) before you apply here. When you apply, please provide links to social media video work you’ve done. AN IN-PERSON TEST CREATING CONTENT WILL BE GIVEN, SO PLEASE STUDY OUR SOCIAL PLATFORMS (LINKS BELOW) BEFORE YOUR INTERVIEW.
- Recording (iPhone) and editing of vertical video (must be able to edit in-app and Premiere Pro [provided by employer] or similar video editing software).
- Publishing multiple videos a day on Instagram (@crmjewelers and @mrcrmofficial), TikTok, and YouTube (the same video content can be repurposed for all the platforms).
- Monitoring performance of resulting content using in-app analytics/insights and/or third party analytics to know what works and doesn’t work.
- Analyze other pages in the same and similar industries to find new trends and content ideas that are performing well.
- Communicate with followers in a timely manner.
- Provide weekly reports showing growth and performance of related content.
- Collaborate with other teams, like marketing, sales and customer service to ensure brand consistency.
- Creativity and passion to create highly engaging content that connects with people and delivers results.
- Outgoing candidates (preferred) that are not camera shy and are willing to appear in videos.
- Must be fluent in both Spanish and English.
- Extensive knowledge of social media video platforms (Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, & TikTok).
- Well versed in technology, which means able to navigate quickly through social platforms, edit videos, find and add pertinent music to the content, operate modern phones quickly, work well with computers, etc.
- Excellent grammar and ability to come up with engaging captions.
- Excellent communication skills with innate attention to detail.
- Analytical and able to work with numbers and statistics.
- Ability to work on a daily schedule that requires daily posts (Mon-Sun) and manage time effectively to meet all necessary deadlines.
- Experience filming, directing, and editing video.
- Ability to work in a creative, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with innate attention to detail.
- Ability to deal with the pressure of being constantly measured and evaluated on performance.
- Highly self-motivated and self-driven.
- A bachelor’s or similar degree in a relevant field is a plus, but not required (marketing, journalism, etc.).
- Work experience in marketing, sales, or advertising is a plus, but not required.
It’s important that candidates go through all our Instagram Reels, YouTube Shorts, and TikToks to get a good idea of what has been effective for our social pages in the past, but here are some specific examples:
- Reel 1
- Reel 2
- Reel 3
- Reel 4
- Reel 5
- Reel 6
- Short 1
- Short 2
- Short 3
- TikTok – This is a direct link to our TikTok page. We have not had very good luck with the platform, especially during the last year or so. The same content that might perform on Reels and Shorts doesn’t seem to do well on TikTok. This is an area where candidates can possibly shine by leveraging off their TikTok experience and making our brand more popular.